Udaipur, once was the homeland of Rajputs. They ruled over the rajasthan. Today, Udaipur is one of the most spectacular city of Rajasthan and also the most visited destination of India. Tourist can explore the rich culture, historical heritage of Udaipur city. It can be seen by palaces, temples, ghats, gardens and museums. They are as below,
- City Palace: The architecture of city palace is breathtaking, which makes it the top spot in every Udaipur visitor check list. Within its massive structure, it covers courtyards, terraces and corridors. It also contains lofty towers, arch- like gates and domes add beauty to the gates. It also houses the most talked about gallery, the crystal gallery. It contains an elegant display of dinner set, stands, etc.
- Lake Palace: It is undoubtedly the most exclusive tourist spot in the Udaipur city. It was built by Maharana Jagat Singh, II. The palace seems to look like floating on water. It is now transformed into a heritage hotel.
- Jag Mandir: It is a beautiful palace built on a piece of island, as a summer resort to host numerous parties. It is a blend of Mughal and Rajput architecture. They can also see Bara Patharon ka mahal, Darikhana, and Kunwar pada ka Mahal.
- Monsoon Palace: This palace was built on with a motive of astronomical observation and to monitor the movement of monsoon. The palace was built by Maharana Sajjan Singh. The palace gives a panoramic view of the entire city. Inside the palace, it contains royal antiques showcasing the regal history of Udaipur.
- Temples Of Udaipur: Udaipur is surrounded by various temples, Like Shrinathji in Nathdwara, famous for black idol of Lord Krishna. Bohra Ganesh temple, a 350- year old temple dedicated to lord ganesha, known for granting wishes of devotees of Bohra Ganesh. Jagdish temple, one of the largest temple in Udaipur. It is built in 1651 AD. It is dedicated to lord Vishnu.
To make it easy for visitors to explore the listed tourist spots and other attractions, it is advisable to book a taxi, as auto-rickshaw are not available at every spot and they also charge higher prices. Book a Taxi online, get the lowest tariffs.